What can be so important about your liver? I often tell everyone how vital this particular organ is for optimum health. But exactly why is it so essential? Because your liver performs more than 500 bodily functions and chemical reactions every day of your life to keep you alive.
To cleanse your system, your liver has to be in good shape so it can…
• Detoxify internal and external environmental pollutants as it filters approximately 100 gallons of blood each day.
• Manufacture up to a full quart of bile each day to break down fat.
• Produce more than 13,000 critical chemicals and hormones which include cholesterol, testosterone and estrogen.
• Process more than 50,000 enzymes.
• Regulate blood sugar levels to prevent dangerous highs and lows.
• Store essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, D, K and B-12.
Unfortunately, your liver is under siege every minute of the day from all types of toxins and chemicals including alcohol, prescription drugs, food additives, environmental pollution, water chlorination, household chemicals, herbicides, pesticides and ingesting too much animal protein. As you get older, this constant attack can lead to a liver clogged up with fatty deposits and years worth of dangerous toxins which impairs its ability to cleanse and detoxify your body.
If your liver is not functioning properly, you’re setting yourself up for a host of health problems. You may experience skin problems such as rashes, eczema and even psoriasis, allergies, memory problems, high blood pressure, autoimmune disorders such as joint pain and chronic fatigue syndrome, digestive problems, food allergies, gallstones and kidney stones, headaches, high blood pressure, and unstable blood sugar levels.
However, the good thing is that your liver can regenerate and so you can improve the situation by just changing your lifestyle choices to something more healthy, and by giving your liver a good supplement to help it detox.
What is a healthy life style? One in which you eat as much natural and organic food as possible. Go back to Granny’s home cooking. Eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables especially green ones, avoid refined foods, sugar, alcohol, and fizzy drinks and drink mineral water out of glass bottles. Try to use ‘natural’ chemical free cosmetics and avoid toothpaste with sodium lauryl sulphate and fluoride in.
According to Elson M. Haas, M.D., founder and medical director of the Preventive Medical Center of Marin, “…the cleansing/detoxification process is the missing link in Western nutrition and one of the keys to real healing.”
You can help rejuvenate your sluggish and overworked liver for optimum performance with nutrients such as milk thistle, phosphatidylcholine, burdock root, artichoke leaf, N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC), alpha lipoic acid (ALA), trimethylglycine (TMG), olive leaf extract and dandelion root.
• Regularly take over-the-counter or prescription drugs…
• Eat red meat, fast food or a high-fat diet…
• Consume beer, wine or other alcoholic beverages…
• Drink unfiltered tap water…
• Use sprays and aerosol products around your house…
• Drive in traffic, work in the city or stay in the house all day
Especially if you are over 35 years old!
You are building up dangerous toxins that may be clogging up your body and pushing your liver to the breaking point. This can lead to health problems, unless you do something about it.
The key is to cleanse and detoxify your liver, and after all the festive activities the new year is a good time to start.
With a natural detox supplement. The product that I recommend is Ultra Clear Plus pH which is a naturally pure, patented powdered mix, has been clinically tested to enhance liver detoxification activity.
Start 2011 the way you want to go on…..with a clean liver!