What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian Head Massage is a safe and effective form of massage of the back, shoulders, arms, neck, head, face and scalp. It is done fully clothed (a cotton t-shirt is preferred) and oils are not necessary. The client feels the benefit immediately, both physically and psychologically.
Who does it help?
- eye strain
- anxiety and depression
- muscular tension
Treatment should not be given if the client has:
- improves blood flow to the head
- encourages the removal of waste products
- improves joint mobility
- improves and promotes hair growth
- improves skin tone and quality
- revitalises the whole body
- increases alertness and concentration levels
- creates a balanced feeling of calmness and peace
- rebalances the energy flows (chi)
- releases stagnant energy
How does Indian Head Massage work?
A variety of massage movements are used which invigorate or stimulate and release tension in tight muscles. Gentle vibrations are used down the sides of the spine and gentle and firm circular movements, and stroking and combing movements and frictions are used on the scalp and in the hair to stimulate the scalp. The therapist’s hands are also placed gently over the chakras to rebalance energy flows.
How much does it cost?
Please note: This treatment is only available in Baldock.
Per 60 minute session in Baldock – £35