Chinese Herbal Medicine
Who does it help?
- gynaecological disorders: menstrual irregularities, period pain, PMS, endometriosis, fibroids, infertility, menopause, morning sickness
- dermatological disorders: eczema, acne, psoriasis, urticaria, rosacea, tinea, herpes
- gastrointestinal disorders: IBS, colitis, gastritis, stomach ulcers, indigestion, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, dysentery, constipation, nausea/vomiting, haemorrhoids, weight loss
- mental & emotional disorders: depression, anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, insomnia, poor concentration, poor memory
- neurological disorders: headaches, migraines, dizziness, vertigo
- endocrine disorders: diabetes, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism
- cardiovascular disorders: palpitations, chest pain, angina, high blood pressure
- respiratory disorders: asthma, cold/flu, cough, bronchitis
- other: ME, general fatigue, post-viral syndrome, hepatitis, HIV
What is it?
Like Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine is part of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). In fact, Chinese practitioners regard it as more important than Acupuncture, which has cornered popularity in the West.
How does it work?
Herbs are rarely prescribed on their own, but as formulas that may contain up to 15 herbs that are designed to treat particular ‘patterns of disharmony’. Every herb has a different role and is classified according to its qualities (in terms of being hot, cold, damp or dry), and its taste (sweet, sour, bitter, salty, pungent). The practitioner will tailor a formula to suit an individual patient, choosing from nearly 6,000 herbs and mineral ingredients (no animal products are used).
The herbal medication is usually taken as a tea but sometimes the formulas come as pills, capsules or powders which are easier and more palatable, or as ointments, creams and lotions for external use. Some complaints require months of treatments, while others respond after one or two sessions.
How much does it cost?
Consultation included in Traditional Chinese Acupuncture
Herbs at additional cost
Today Only: Get 10% Off Your First Session – Fill Out The Form Below: