• Nutrigest is a potent combination of hydrochloric acid (HCl), digestive pancreatic enzymes and ox bile to help support digestion in the stomach and small intestine.
• HCl aims to support healthy stomach acid levels, while enzymes and ox bile are included to support digestion of proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
• An acidic environment in the stomach is crucial for the breakdown (denaturing) of proteins. In addition, adequate levels of HCl are also needed to stimulate the pancreas to secrete digestive enzymes once the partially digested food mixture is released from the stomach into the small intestine.
• A low pH is also vital for supporting immune function as potentially harmful microbes cannot live in an acidic environment.
• As we age our bodies produce may less HCl. • This can also occur in either acute or chronic illness.
• It’s not just what we eat, but how well we can digest and actually absorb it that counts. When stomach acid levels fall too low this can result in difficulties digesting protein, and may also result in low levels of digestive enzymes and bile being secreted during the digestive process. A supplement containing HCl and pancreatic enzymes may be a very helpful way to support digestion.
• Pancreatic enzymes are necessary for the complete breakdown of carbohydrate, fat and protein molecules. In Nutrigest pancreatin is combined with pancrelipase providing a mixture of pancreatic enzymes including amylase, protease and lipase that help break down food further in the small intestine.
• Ox bile helps to emulsify (mix) the fats from food, helping them to be absorbed.
Each two-phase tablet typically contains:
Betaine HCl – 150mg
L-Glutamic Acid HCl – 100mg
Papain – 50mg
protease (from papain) – 800,000 PU(2)
Pepsin 1:10,000 – 10mg
Pancreatin (porcine) (8x) – 75mg
amylase 15,000 USP(1)
protease 15,000 USP(1)
lipase 1200 USP(1)
Amylase [1200 SKB(4)] – 30mg
Bromelain – 30mg
protease (from bromelain) – 36 GDU(3)
Ox Bile (bovine*) – 70mg
*Bovine source from New Zealand**
1) United States Pharmacopeia 2) Proteolytic unit according to the FCC (food chemical codex) 3) Gelatin digesting unit 4) Standtedt, Kneen and Blish method
Coating (polyvinyl alcohol, talc, polyethelene glycol, polysorbate)
1 tablet at the onset of a meal 3 times daily.
£17.80 for 90 tablets
Not recommended for individuals with gastritis or ulcers.
Do not chew or break the tablet. Tablet must be swallowed whole.
If pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any kind of medication or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare practitioner before using this product.
**Bovine derived Ox-bile comes from cattle (cow). It is freeze-dried before being manufactured into supplement form. All bovine Ox-bile found in Nutri products are sourced from New Zealand, which is recognised worldwide as a country that is free from BSE, enabling consumers to have the highest level of confidence in the safety of bovine-derived material from the region.
The animals are not raised specifically to obtain glands or tissue structures. The primary industry in New Zealand is for meat production, so the Ox-bile collections come as a by-product from that main stream.
The New Zealand Ox-bile source meets the United Nations Food and Agricultural Organisation standards of organic. To meet these standards, beef must be fed no bone meal and must be 100% organically fed. New Zealand cows are fed on pesticide-free pastures and are never given hormones or antibiotics. To keep its livestock pure, the country has never allowed any importation of livestock or used meat and bone meal feed for decades. These products come with a BSE-free certification from the New Zealand Minister of Agriculture.