Dr Robert O Young D.Sc., Ph.D. has a theory that the human organism is alkaline by design and acidic by function. He suggests that there is only one sickness and one disease which is caused by an over acidification of the blood and then tissues due to an inverted way of living, eating and thinking. There is no way to have health and acidity — health and alkalinity is the way!
Sugar is a dietary and/or a metabolic acid waste product of fermentation or the degeneration of matter. It is important to understand that the body, and even the brain, runs on electrons NOT sugar. Sugar in all of its forms is a poisonous waste product. So the more you ingest from your diet the higher your risk for disease. Here are some foods that are really not good for you!
1) Yogurt – Yogurt is a concentrated acid full of lactose sugars that break down to the cancer causing lactic acid. The sugar content in natural yogurts can be very high, 12 grams per a 6 ounce serving. The fruit flavoured yogurts however are even worse, they have about 32 grams of sugar!
2) Granola bars – Granola bars have always seemed like a good solid snack for some people, but they are packed full of added sugars, and depending on the brand and size, you could be looking at between 11 and 22 grams of sugar and therefore very acidic.
3) Fat Free Salad Dressing – we are all so conditioned to thinking that fat free products are good for us that we may have overlooked the fact that companies pump sugar into fat free dressings to give them some taste. However there are some dressings with healthy fats and no sugar which are much better for you!
4) Muffins – When you break muffins down to their lowest common denominator, you’re really looking at a lump of sugar! You’re better off skipping muffins entirely as they are very acidic.
5) Cereal – We all know about those sugary acidic cereals on the shelves, but even some of the so-called healthier options may reveal a load of sugar when you closely inspect the nutrition information. Look out for maltose, it is a sugar, and therefore acidic!